About Deanne Marie Lenehan and Lenehan Studios, “Best of Baltimore Decorative Artist”
I founded Lenehan Studios llc as Deelite Design in the fall of 2000 while working as a first year high school art teacher. Since then I’ve been honing my skills as a decorative artist and went full time in 2008. I have focused my business on providing quality murals, faux finishes, decorative painting, trompe l’oeil, and commissioned fine art for my clients.
I began drawing at an early age, a talent that was developed early on by my Grandmother who happened to be an elementary school art teacher. I graduated from Towson University in 2000 where I received a Bachelors of Science in Art Education, Cum Laude. I studied fine art at Pratt Institute, Maryland College of Art and Design, and McDaniel College. As an undergraduate I was able to study and experience living abroad in Florence, Italy.
I have had the opportunity to study with some of the decorative painting industry’s top artists, including Shared Vision non-profit founder William Cochran. In 2006, I was hand selected by Cochran, with only six other artists from the country, to work on “The Dreaming”, a five-story public art piece in Historic Frederick Maryland. In 2011, I organized a team of 30 artists to work on the new home for “Boys Hope Girls Hope” of Baltimore for Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. My work has been featured on HGTV’s “My Big Amazing Renovation.” In 2011 I was voted “Baltimore’s Best” Decorative Artist by Baltimore Magazine. Most recently I traveled to Paris to study with fellow artists under the tutelage of renowned artists Pierre Finkelstein and Jean Luc Sable; both recipients of the Best Craftsman of France award. During the visit, I was able to experience a behind-the-scenes tour of both the Palace of Versailles and the Louvre under the guidance of these instructors.
Sign up for our newsletter HERE!
- Trompe L’oeil and Faux Marbre Intensive with Jean Luc Sable and Pierre Finkelstein, Paris France, 2013
- Founder, ArtWalk and the Ellicott City Arts Coalition, 2012
- Voted “Best of Baltimore, Decorative Artist,” 2011
- Directed 30 fellow artists on crew for “Extreme Makeover: Home Edition,” Baltimore City, 2010
- Baltimore Symphony Decorator Show House, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015
- Ellicott City Decorator Show House, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014
- One of 6 selected artists for “The Dreaming” Practicum, with Shared Vision non-profit founder William Cochran, 2006
- Select Course Work: Pratt Institute, Brooklyn, NY; Maryland College of Art and Design, Baltimore.
- Bachelors of Science in Art Education, Cum Laude, Towson University, May 2000
- Undergraduate Study Abroad Art Program: Florence, Italy, Towson University
Media and Publications:
- Show houses 2: A Decorator’s Tour, Jeffrey B. Snyder, Editor; Schiffer Publishing
- Modello by Design Volume 2, Modello Designs
- PWC Magazine,
- The Baltimore Sun
- Howard Magazine
- The Country Chronicle
- Baltimore Magazine
- Carroll Magazine
- Carroll County Times
- Grapevine Magazine
- Slate online magazine
- HGTV’s “My Big Amazing Renovation”
- Ellicott City Arts Coaliton; Chair and Founder
- Ellicott City Partnership; Board Member
- Greater Maryland Decorative Artisans; President
- International Decorative Artisans League; Member
- American Society of Interior Designers; Industry Partner
8602 A Frederick Road, Ellicott City, MD 21043